From Mourning to Praise: A Biblical Guide through Grief and Loss (Paperback)
From Mourning to Praise approaches the subject of suffering and loss the way the Bible approaches it: with honesty. Regardless of how our experiences differ, you can know that God continues to love you and care for you.
The purpose of this book is to show you how to plead your case before God during suffering. It will teach you how to seek God's face in your dark hours. Then when God brings you to a place where you begin to discern his deeper work in your life, it will teach you how to offer meaningful praise for what he has taught you. Finally it will introduce you to one of the greatest blessings of suffering, the opportunity to reach out to others who experience suffering or loss. Here are some of the points that this book affirms:
- God cares when you suffer.
- God is with you when you suffer.
- The Bible gives you permission to throw aside your happy mask when you suffer.
- You have a right to complain about injustice and plead to God for justice.
- You have the freedom to be angry with God--out loud.
- God uses suffering to produce growth and character depth.
- Suffering produces deeper character than any pleasure can produce.
- Worship from a position of suffering can be far more meaningful than worship that is always happy.
Drawing on the reality from the book of Job, the Psalms, and from the New Testament, From Mourning to Praise invites you to grieve God's way while you wait for his deliverance.