Writing Fabulous Sentences & Paragraphs, Grade 4 - 6 Teacher Resource (Paperback)
Guide your students through the process of writing with scaffolded practice that's as engaging as it is educational
The creative and structured lessons in Writing Fabulous Sentences & Paragraphs introduce students to essential writing techniques without losing the imaginative spirit that makes writing fun. From main ideas and topic sentences, to figurative language and descriptive details, this book is filled with activities that help your students develop strong writing skills.
You'll love Writing Fabulous Sentences and Paragraphs because it:
- supports 6-Trait writing. Activities are designed to build skills in each trait -- voice, organization, word choice, conventions, ideas, and sentence fluency. And a trait-based writing guide at the beginning of the book makes it easy to see exactly which skills are being developed.
- comes with 9 ready-to-use transparencies. Providing writing models and guiding group work is a breeze.
- contains scaffolded lessons and activities. Help students progress from writing single sentences to multiple paragraphs
- introduces students to important paragraph writing skills. From topic sentences and supporting details to using an outline or web diagram -- it's all covered. There's even a paragraph skills checklist to help track student progress.
- inspires reluctant writers. Motivating topics and delightful illustrations make writing fun
- is correlated to state standards.
Scaffolded lessons come in four sections:
Students practice combining sentences, constructing "super sentences," and using figurative language.
Students practice recognizing the main ideas, topic sentences, supporting details, and unnecessary information within paragraphs.
- Paragraph Forms:
Students use scaffolded forms to organize information into narrative, persuasive, descriptive, compare/contrast, definition, and "how-to" paragraphs.
- Organizing Information into Paragraphs:
Students practice organizing sentences within paragraphs and paragraphs within reports while using webs, notetakers, and outlines.
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key. This is a reproducible resource (photocopying of lessons is permitted) for single classroom or individual home use only.
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.