Hi, I’m Erin and I’m a bookaholic, book nerd, book lover or whatever term you use to describe someone who has a passion and love of reading and books. I am most passionate about 3 main points in life – family & friends, reading, and my antiracism learning journey.
While I never considered myself a racist, until very recently I couldn’t have considered myself an anti-racist. I have been on a learning journey over the last several years, especially the last year, to educate myself on topics like Black history, systemic racism, racial injustice, Black fatigue, mass incarceration and the actions I can take to be an active anti-racist.
I believe anyone can find the time in their day to read. As a mom of 3 kids with a full time job in Learning & Development, I am able to read about 100 books a year. Being a Reader is to build the habit of reading into your daily schedule. You’ll rarely catch me anywhere without a book in my hands.
- Favorite Genre: Fantasy
- Top 5 Favorite Authors: Evan Winter, N. K. Jemisin, Nnedi Okorafor, Jason Reynolds, Neil Gaiman
- Number of books read in 2020: 93 books
- Reading goal for 2021: 100 books
- Favorite book so far in 2021: Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
- I target annually that at least 50% books I read are written by BIPOC authors.
Follow me on Instragram: @lets_read_diversely